Wait, what the hell, where did my summer go?! I feel like I haven't been able to really enjoy any of it, because I've been too busy with work. Up until maybe two or three weeks ago, they had me working full-time at 5 days a week/40 hours, so on my weekends I was either too busy with the chores that piled up or too exhausted to do anything. I'm down to 4 days a week/30 hours, which is INFINITELY BETTER, but I only have a few weeks to enjoy it before I leave for Japan! (ARGH!)
- Work is pretty good. Being a Bra Specialist is really fun. It's like being on the all-star team where we call all the shots/run the show. Me and Kyrie (the girl who inspired me to apply at VS in the first place!) get along really well - to the point where it's almost scary??? Like she and I regularly snapchat each other/have inside jokes/laugh to the point of crying when we work together. There have been several times where one of us says something that makes the other just unable to function from laughing. (We are totes professional otherwise, I promise.) It turns out she loves comic books/nerdy things as much as I do, so that's so amazing. I'm also really good friends with the newest Bra Specialist, Carly (although technically Carly's worked fitting rooms longer than I have) and occasionally the three of us get to run the uptown (er, upstairs) fitting room together (like tonight!!) and it is way too much fun. I am still somewhat in disbelief that I have a job where I am legitimately friends with my co-workers. Like, when did this happen?? What??
- Because of my pay raise/the amount of hours I've been working, I've actually had... DISPOSABLE INCOME!! I can now buy comic books and make-up and coffee and not worry about it!!! Right now I'm thinking about buying a Batman Beyond shirt for the hell of it...
- Speaking of Batman Beyond, my love for it is all-consuming. I am so, so into the current comic title by Kyle Higgins (the writer of New 52 Nightwing!) it is a lil ridiculous. It seems like Terry is about to get the New 52 treatment though... meaning they're probably canceling the current title, and are about to kill him in Future's End. I can feel it in my bones. Here's a pre-emptive FUCK YOU DC!
- Also super into Supernatural again. Making Olin rewatch the entire series with me. We're finally on Season 4 again (CASTIELLLLL). Also still into Transformers Prime - gonna rewatch that next.
- Speaking of Olin, we go to the beach or do hikes when we can, which isn't often, because he usually only has one day (if any) off on my weekends. :(
- I just got an e-mail about my "Pre-Departure Packet" for my Japanese study abroad program. AHH. IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING. Excuse me while I FREAK THE FUCK OUT!